|Prof. P. Sreenivasa Kumar
Abdul Nizar :(nizar[AT]cse[DOT]iitm[DOT].ernet[DOT].in)
(Follow the instructions
1) Study Lambda-DB in more
2) Choose a domain of your interest and design an Object-model
representing data and relationships.
3) Submit the design report by 19th Feb, 2007 night. (Hard copy). Report should
a) Short description of the chosen domain
b) Graphical representation of the schema
c) ODMG description of objects attributes, relationships
and operations with
short explanations, wherever
4) Implement your model and make "interesting" queries.
5) Submit the implementation report by 27th Feb, 2007 night. (Hard copy).
It should contain the details of the queries executed.
Please join the google group adbt2007 at:
1) Download saxon-B 8.9(open source version)
2) Set CLASSPATH to all the "jar" files under the downloaded folder
3) Check Saxonica documentation at
http://www.saxonica.com for running XQuery,XPath expressions
and XSLT scripts.
1) The assignment has two parts
Part1: a) Use the curriculum DTD discussed in tutorial-II to
create an XML file.
b) Design and run XPath and XQuery queries on the sample XML file. The queries
demonstrate important features of XPath and XQuery.
Part2 : a) Re-structure the
curriculum DTD in a suitable manner.
b) Write XSLT scripts to transform an XML document conforming to the
original DTD to a
document conforming to the new DTD and vice-versa.
2) Submit a report which includes the following:
a) The original and new DTD.
b) Queries tried with explanations, if needed
c) Observations made.
April 3rd : Groups 1 to 5 , 7:30pm onwards
April 4th : Groups 6 to 9 , 7:30pm onwards
Each group must show demo for both the
assignments at the same time.
Tutorial - 1